D.I.Y.- Bath Bombs
February 13, 2017
Filed under Archive
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
1. 1 cup citric acid
2. 2 cups baking soda
3. 2 teaspoons cornstarch
4. 1 ounce shea butter or coconut butter (melted)
5. 5 to 6 drops essential oil of choice
6. 1 to 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
7. Spray bottle of witch hazel
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, citric acid and baking soda. Make sure to remove all lumps.
2. Add in red food coloring, melted butter and essential oil, and continue to mix.
3. Using your spray bottle, spray the mixture two to three times and mix, slowly adding more witch hazel until the mixture holds it shaped when pressed together.
4. Press into silicone molds, making sure to compact them tightly. I used the Wilton 2Easy Flex Heart 24-Cavity Silicone Mold.
5. Allow to dry in silicon molds for 12 hours. Once 12 hours is up, remove from molds, and allow to dry an additional 24 hours for a nice hard bath bomb.
6. Print out the DIY Valentine Bath Bombs printable, cut out and tape on top of a short mason jar lid. You can also print it out on sticker paper.
7. Give to your Valentine!