Football players talk about the upcoming season

The Herald Dispatch

Football games can provide a lot of excitement for players and fans alike.

Morgan Browning, Staff Reporter

As many of you know, football season has already started at Cabell Midland High School. The fans are excited and the players are working hard. Cabell Midland’s football players took the field Aug. 26 against rival, Spring Valley High School.
But the football game isn’t the only entertainment on a Friday night.
“Homecoming and the student section are definitely my favorite part of football season,” said junior Garrett Jordan. “There’s nothing better than cheering on your team with your closest friends.”
Varsity player Jovaun Light answered the same question.
“The Friday night games are my favorite time of the week,” said varsity player Jovaun Light. “It doesn’t get any better than that.”
Some of Midland’s star players graduated this past year, so Jordan and Light predicted who they thought will be the stars this season.
“I think Drew Keeton will be the star player this year,” Jordan said. Meanwhile, Light thinks it will be Korah Booker.
Freshman Doug Melton is already a big fan of Cabell Midland’s football team.
“My favorite part of football season is getting to be with my brothers.” Melton said. “This season will go extremely well.”
Being in the student section is full of memorable times for the students. Each game night they go above and beyond to support the team. Jordan and Light recommended a good theme for the student section to partake in this season.
“We should definitely have a Drake night,” Jordan said.
“A superhero night,” Light recommended.
Light also had a message he would like to give to the freshmen about football season.
“This will be one of the highlights of your high school career,” Light said.
Whether you are on the field or in the stands, Friday nights are something student football fans do not want to miss out on during their four years at Cabell Midland High School.