Five Fall Date Ideas

onlyinyourstate.com

The Pumpkin House can be interesting and romantic.

Lexi Hutchinson, Staff Reporter

Just because the weather is getting colder does not mean there are not any date ideas. Some believe fall is the most romantic, beautiful time of the year and perfect for dates. Because the weather is mild, many fall dates can take place outside. These five cute date ideas for fall may give you and your ‘boo’ some cute and affordable ideas.
1. The Cooper Family Farms corn maze in Milton opened September 10 and will close October 30. The Cooper family offers many activities at a fair price. There is a non-scary maze, for those who do not enjoy being scared and just want to do the maze, and a haunted maze available for those couples looking for a thrill. The haunted maze is available Oct. 21, 22, 28 and 29 for $10 per person. The Cooper family also offers zip lining which can be bought in a package deal or $20 for two turns per person. They include a pumpkin patch where you can purchase the pumpkins (price varying on size) and carve them.
2. The Pumpkin House has 3,000 pumpkins to view and opens Oct. 28 and 29. It is located in Ceredo- Kenova and can attract up to 30,000 people. There is no cost to go to the Pumpkin House. The House also allows people to come in and either carve their own pumpkins or help add to the show.
3. If you and your boyfriend or girlfriend like to stay inside, a scary movie marathon is a great fall date idea. Freeform has the 13 Nights of Halloween premiering a variety of traditional Halloween movies Oct. 19 – 31. Netflix has a huge variety of scary movies, cheesy scary movies, and childrens’ scary movies for whatever mood you are in.
4. Going on a hike or bike ride in the park would be perfect for couples who just love to be outdoors. Barboursville Park provides many pathways for hikers and bikers. You can enjoy the scenery of leaves changing and maybe have a picnic along the way.
5. If you and your significant other have a couples costume picked out, you may go to a Halloween party, throw a Halloween party of your own, or go trick or treating. Still being in high school, you can get away with picking a cool costume, going trick or treating and splitting the candy with your significant other. Halloween parties are also a popular place for couples to go and show off not only their dance moves to Monster Mash, but their couples costume.
Though West Virginia may seem like a place with nothing to do, fall is a booming time for the state and can be perfect for all couples. These five date ideas are cheap for any high school student to attend and easy enough to do, so if you and your boyfriend and girlfriend are ever bored, think of one of these five ideas.