8 ounces cream cheese
2½ cups sugar
2½ cups flour
¼ cups pecans
3 tablespoons butter
2½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1¼ cups solid-packed pumpkin
? cups vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly coat two 12-cup standard muffin tins with oil and set aside.
3. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Toss 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup flour, pecans, butter and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside.
5. Combine the remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and remaining cinnamon in a large bowl.
6. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
7. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the pumpkin mixture into the well, and mix with a fork until moistened.
8. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups.
9. Place 2 teaspoonful’s of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter.
10. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and bake until golden and a tester, inserted into the muffin center, comes out clean — 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.