Staying in this Halloween? Try these top 10 scary Netflix movies.

Murder is not at all uncommon in this American slasher film.

imdb.com

Kylie Powers, Staff Reporter

If you’re having trouble choosing what movies and television shows to watch on Netflix this fall, try these ideas.
1. “Goosebumps”
A young teenage boy is sad about moving to a small town until he meets his neighbor. He falls for her, but her dad, R. L. Stine, writes horror stories that turn real.
2. “Corpse Bride”
As a man is about to be wed, he becomes trapped in the underworld by the lovely Corpse Bride, who is looking for her soulmate. Victor is disturbed at first, but ultimately comes to discover that the world of the dead is sometimes more lively than the world of the living and that love transcends all boundaries.
3. “Scream” (The TV show)
In this new series, a cyberbullying incident turns into murder. This sequel related to the classic horror franchise takes place in Lakewood with chilling echoes of the past.
4. “Sleepy Hollow”
A detective from New York travels to Sleepy Hollow while investigating mysterious deaths. Ichabod Crane is troubled by the fact that the victims are beheaded in this creepy tale of witchcraft and deception.
5. “The Addams Family”
The Addams family takes to the big screen after starting out as a 1960s television series. This cast of wacky characters shows that being peculiar can be better than being normal.
6. “Children of the Corn”
A stranded couple in a rural town run into a group of murderous children who killed all of the adults that once lived there. The film tells the story of a malevolent entity referred to as “He Who Walks Behind The Rows” which entices the children of the town to ritually murder all the adults in town, and a couple driving across country, to ensure a successful corn harvest.

7. “Scream 2”
“Scream 2” takes place one year after “Scream” and again follows the character of Sidney Prescott, now a student at the fictional Windsor College, who becomes the target of a copycat killer using the guise of Ghostface.
8. “The Babadook”
A young child’s tantrums get worse when a scary children’s book appears in his room. The book proves difficult to get rid of and its shadowy main figure torments the family until the mother can move past her depression.
9. “Ghost Town”
Ricky Gervais plays a young man whose pronounced dead, only to be brought back to life with an unexpected ability to see ghosts.
10. “Scary Movie 2”
A group of teens are invited to spend a night in Hell House. Professor Oldman has convinced them it is for a school project, but the night won’t go past quietly. Master Kane is long dead, but still plans on enjoying himself, especially with Alex Monday. When things really start getting bad, the teens must work together to find a way to capture this ghostly menace.