November Athlete of the Issue: Kaylee Johnson

Junior Kaylee Johnson makes her friends and teammates proud on the soccer field.

Kaylee Johnson

Elisabet Gudjonsdottir, Staff Reporter

Kaylee Johnson is not only an admired person and student but she is also a hardworking soccer player. With playing on the varsity team for all three years of her high school career, she has shown a tremendous amount of school spirit and dedication. Though she has been an active soccer player for several years now, she only gets stronger.
“I have been playing since I was a young girl,” said Johnson. “I have been working hard every day after school at practices. I am really dedicated to the game, and I love my team.”
Throughout the season the Lady Knights soccer team has made a tremendous amount of progress. Johnson says that the team has been improving since the beginning of the season, and they recently won the Mountain Sate Athletic Conference.
“You can just see how our team has progressed not only throughout the years but also this season,” said Johnson. “I remember coming in freshman year and we had our first winning season in a while and now we’re on the road to states.”
Johnson has set a lot of goals for herself this season and it has been very evident. She has improved from past years of playing and has dominated the field this past season.
“I have set certain goals for myself this season,” said Johnson. “I really haven’t quit till I achieved them, even though I have really wanted to give up. My teammates have really pushed me to the best player I can be which is great.”
Now, the team is starting to focus more on the road to states. Johnson is very excited and is focused on what is to come.
“There is nothing else I want more than to win states,” said Johnson. “My teammates and I are really fixated on what’s to come and I can’t wait to see the result.”