The end of 2016 sparks New Year’s resolutions for the future

Kozini

This New Year’s, a resolution can give you a fresh start.

Nick Blevins, Assistant Editor

In preparation for the beginning of the new year, it is tradition to make a “New Year’s resolution.”
A New Year’s resolution is a commitment that a person plans to stick to for the length of the year.
Students and teachers alike at Cabell Midland look forward to the dawn of 2017 to enact their resolutions.
“This year, my resolution is going to be to keep a 4.0 GPA throughout the whole year,” said senior Jessica Burcham. “I have made good grades all throughout high school, and I want to finish with straight As.”
Senior Nick Hunter also has a resolution he hopes to complete; Hunter’s resolution is of the most common, focusing on health and fitness.
“My New Year’s resolution is to work out every day and become even more ripped,” said Hunter. “I want to look just like my idol, Ronnie Coleman. I use all of his lifting methods. He’s really my inspiration.”
Hunter spends almost every day in the gym, and you can be sure to find him there in 2017.
“This year, I want to spend all the time I can at work,” said senior Kyle Chapman. “I have a job at Sears, and I want to do the best I can when I’m there. I also really need money and this job is all I have.”
Sears is lucky to have an employee like Chapman, and 2017 will be the year he thrives at the company.
Not only students at the Castle make New Year’s resolutions, but teachers make the dedications also.
“I want to start eating healthier,” said English teacher Chrisa Hayes. “My resolution is to stop eating fattening foods and trade the apple pie in for a salad.”
Although 2017 is sure to bring about a number of changes, your resolution will prove to be a constant in your life.
No matter the resolution, sticking to it could give you a new confidence and make your year one to remember.