December Teacher of the Issue: Tara Safford

Tara Safford teachers a variety of marketing classes at Cabell Midland.

facebook.com

Tatum True, Section Editor

The December Teacher of the Issue at Cabell Midland is Tara Safford, our new marketing, sports marketing and web design teacher. Safford is also the head of the school store. Her class is located in the F hallway.
“I have been teaching since 2003,” said Safford. “My favorite part of teaching is getting the students engaged and getting them prepared for the future. Marketing is an essential tool these students can use in their real life.”
Safford offers four different types of marketing-based classes with skills that she conducts; Marketing I, Marketing II, Sports Marketing and Web Design. “Although I love all my students and all my classes, my favorite would have to be Sports Marketing,” said Safford. “I love teaching it because I love sports and so do my students enrolled in the class. It gives them something to be interested in a regular class space.”
Mrs. Safford has been at Midland for a few years and has also taught math in the freshman academy. “Teaching math was fun, but marketing is my favorite to teach because it gives tools to use in the real world.” said Safford.
“I encourage students to purchase from the school store as well,” said Safford. “Show your school pride and Go Knights.”
If you are interested in marketing, talk to Mrs. Safford or your counselor to see how you can get involved.