School Yearbooks

Hannah Tomes, Staff Reporter

With the arrival of the yearbooks a couple weeks ago, students have been looking at them and talking about them excitedly. Some students at Cabell Midland High School shared their thoughts and opinions about the yearbooks on Wednesday.

Most students would agree that yearbooks are fun to look at, especially with friends. They usually include a lot of interesting things about school activities and other events. Sophomore Taylor Ramey admits he would prefer to see more things in them about sports, and less things about more insignificant events.

“I’d like to see more sports pictures, like action shots, and less pictures of the little things we do that aren’t as important, like pep rallies.” said Ramey.

Everyone knows the yearbooks aren’t exactly cheap, and some might even think they’re a little too expensive, while others believe the price is just right.

“I don’t think they’re too expensive. This is a big school, which means they have to make a lot, and I’m sure it costs quite a bit to make them.” said Ramey.

While some people buy yearbooks just for the fun of it, others like to get them for the memories they can look back on and cherish later on in life. Many students even wait to get one for their senior year so it will be more special.

“I didn’t get a yearbook this year, I’m waiting for my senior year because it’s the most memorable.” said Ramey.

Although students’ love for yearbooks is undeniable, some believe it is a waste of money, and that you will only look at it once. Others think it is something that will last a lifetime.

“Of course people look at them after they graduate. Someone could look at it to find an old friend they used to hang out with. I don’t think it’s a waste of money, because memories are something to hold on to until the day you die.” said Ramey.