First Day of Fall

Hannah Tomes, Staff Reporter

The first day of fall is finally here and many people are excited to see what the new season will bring. Students and teachers at Cabell Midland High School share their thoughts on the topic.

A lot of people enjoy fall because of the cooler weather, pretty colors, and festive atmosphere. There are multiple activities people can do during this time of year, such as going to haunted houses, carving pumpkins, or just going for a walk. Special Ed teacher Megan Lindsey says that her favorite fall activity is going camping.

“I love to go camping and be outside enjoying the crisp, cool air and fall colors,” said Lindsey.

Most people also enjoy the delicious foods and drinks that come along with the fall season, like hot chocolate, apple cider, and pumpkin flavored things, like the famous pumpkin spice latte. Fall is a great time to try out some new recipes and make some delicious treats.

“My favorite fall food is pumpkin ice cream. But one thing I don’t like is candy corn!” said Lindsey.

With fall also comes holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving, where families can get together and have a good time. Many people enjoy dressing up for Halloween and going trick-or-treating, while others prefer a more quiet evening of just passing out candy to the kids.

“I like Halloween because passing out candy is fun and I enjoy seeing everyone’s costumes.” said Lindsey.

Despite all the festivities, fall is a time where the world around us bursts into color and so many people love the relaxing atmosphere. Sometimes it’s nice to just curl up on a cold day with a book and a warm drink, or watch a movie with friends.

“When I hear the word ‘fall’ the first thing I think of is how peaceful it is.” said Lindsey.