Medieval Games

Hannah Tomes, Staff Reporter

The medieval games are a fun opportunity for students to participate in team activities and competitions. Students at Cabell Midland High School share their thoughts about the games coming up on Thursday, October 12.

The medieval games are something many students look forward to every year, because it is a chance to socialize with friends and play games. For those who are more competitive it is an occasion to represent your grade and bring back a victory. Sophomore Carlee Lusher says she hasn’t competed in the games yet, but she plans on doing it this year.

“I’ve never done it before, but I think I am going to do it this year.” said Lusher.

One thing that is different about this year’s games is that they are being held in the morning instead of the afternoon. While some people like this change, others would rather it be the other way around.

“I would prefer it to be in the afternoon, that way you don’t have to go back to class afterwards. I think it would be a lot more fun that way.” said Lusher.

Some students enjoy getting out on the field and being involved, and others just like to sit in the stands and watch while spending time with their friends and getting out of class.

“My favorite part about the games is getting to see and talk to my friends. It’s pretty entertaining to sit and watch everyone compete.” said Lusher.

There are multiple games you can compete in, each one a little bit crazier than the last. There is no doubt that whether you’re participating or not, it is still an enjoyable event and it always brings out a large crowd of students who are eagerly cheering for their team to win.

“My favorite game is the one where everyone throws their shoes in the middle of the field, then runs to put them back on. It’s so funny to watch.” said Lusher.