Classic Movies to Watch for Halloween

Lily Martin, Staff Reporter

1. The Addams Family- A 1991 dark comedy film of an eccentric family, with a detached hand as a servant, who lives quite wealthy. They had a long-lost Uncle Fester who began living with them but at the same time con-artists are planning to fleece the family using their “uncle” as an accomplice.
  2. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown- A 1966 movie made up of the Peanuts characters celebrating Halloween. Charlie Brown is invited to a Halloween party while Linus hopes that he gets a visit from the great pumpkin.
  3. Hocus Pocus- A 1993 fantasy, comedy movie where three witch sisters are resurrected on Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts. It is up to two teenagers, a cat, and a young girl to put an end to their evil spells and plans once and for all.
  4. The Nightmare Before Christmas- A 1993 animated fantasy film with main character, Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween Town, who winds up in Christmas Town and attempts to switch the two worlds. In this classic movie Santa Clause meets the Boogie Man and things go wrong.
  5. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow- A former play made into a movie in 1980 that consists of spooky tales that the town of Sleepy Hollow has a Headless Horseman. A young student named Katrina begins to like the school teacher Ichabod Crane, so Brom Bones, another student there, tries to scare off Crane with the story of the Headless Horseman. Crane ignores the tales he’s been told, until one night he sees something that changes his beliefs.
  6. Casper- A 1995 movie with a friendly ghost and his three mischievous ghost family who live in an abandoned house. Things take a turn when daughter Kat, and paranormal expert father, Harvey, move into the house with the four ghosts.