Thanksgiving Break

Hannah Tomes, Staff Reporter

Thanksgiving break is right around the corner, and students at Cabell Midland High School are more than ready for some time off to be with their families.

Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, and friends. It’s a time to just relax and have fun, which is why so many people enjoy it. It also gives students a chance to take a little break from school, and all the stress that comes along with it. Some people prefer to just relax at home the whole week, while others go out of town, to visit relatives or just go on vacation. Either way, students have the freedom to do whatever they want. Sophomore Summer Boling says her favorite part of Thanksgiving is the food and family.

“My favorite part of Thanksgiving is all the great food, and spending time with my family.” said Boling.

Some people have yearly traditions for Thanksgiving that bring them a lot of joy, whether it’s something they do with family or just by themselves. It could be the foods they eat or maybe some games they play with relatives.

“Personally, me and my family don’t really have any ‘special’ traditions for Thanksgiving.” said Boling.

While there are a lot of good things that come with Thanksgiving, some people believe that it might not be the best holiday to celebrate, because of some of the mistakes the pilgrims made hundreds of years ago that ended up hurting the Native Americans.

“One bad thing about Thanksgiving is that in a way it celebrates the injustice against the Native Americans.” said Boling.

Nevertheless, most people can agree that spending a week off school eating good food with loved ones is something worth celebrating.

“My favorite Thanksgiving food is pie. Just any type of pie in general.” said Boling.