The Juul epidemic

The Juul epidemic

Zac Backus, Reporter

It seems like everyone in school is addicted to sucking on these little devices that look exactly like flash drives, but are actually vapes. These are Juuls. Some students don’t really care for them.

“There’s always a group dudes vaping in the bathroom in the concourse, “said Junior Zach Johnston. “It makes the bathroom smell kinda okay but their vape clouds are kinda annoying.” 

These little devices appeal to students and teenagers because of their small size and various flavored pods, ranging from creme brulee to mango.

“Juuling isn’t for me and I don’t really plan on doing it,” said Johnston. “I wish students would stop using them in class.”

The administration has a strict policy against any form of vaping, and are advising students to not bring them to school or else they will be confiscated.

“I’ve heard that the principals have drawers fulls of confiscated vapes,” said Sophomore Payton Conley. “Maybe they will learn to stop vaping to try and look cool”

The company behind Juul is advertising its vape as a safe alternative to cigarettes, but Juul is getting backlash for trying to appeal to teenagers with its colorful and “trendy” looking ads on instagram and facebook.

“I saw an ad of someone about my age with a Juul on youtube,” said Conley. “If they hadn’t tried to appeal to a younger crowd, we wouldn’t be in this mess.”

Juuling has become a serious problem here in school, and needs to be stopped.