Listening to Music to Study

Listening to Music to Study

vectomart - Fotolia

Bridget Rajarajan, staff reporter

Listening to music is a great way to relax after a long day or enjoy a nice sound to focus as you do some work.

Students listen to music to have some background noise as they do their homework.  Junior Whitney Herrera said, “I listen to jazz when I do my homework.”  She also says that it would help her on tests if she was able to listen to music.

“I listen low background type of music,” Junior Amber Mount said.

Both students love to listen to many different types of music.  They listen to music at any time of the day that they have free time.  They both think that listening to music would help them with tests and homework.  They think the students should allowed to at least listen to music on their phones during school.

“My favorite genre of music is rap,” Herrera and Mount said.

Both girls listen to many types of music from different artists all the time.  They try to keep up with their favorite artists, but most of the time, they just listen to what’s relevant.  Neither have a favorite song they listen to many songs and music is their life.

Studies have shown that listening to music can actually cause you to not e able to pay attention to what you’re doing.  The students have gone against this and have said that music helps them study and relax before something stressful.  Music is such a wonderful thing that should be appreciated, but we also might not want to listen to music all the time.