A Freshman’s Guide to Homecoming

Bridget Rajarajan, staff reporter

Homecoming is an experience only high schoolers get to enjoy.  It’s spending a fun night with your friends and enjoying a basic High School experience. Most freshman look forward to going to homecoming.  It’s a new experience for them and they’re very excited.  Here are a few tips if you are thinking of going to homecoming this year.

First of all, you do not need a date to have fun at homecoming.  You can go and have a fun time with your friends.  It’s about making memories and having a good high school experience.

Then, a very nice place to take pictures is the gazebo in Barboursville.  Have your parents or a friend who isn’t going take your pictures.  When I’m not going to Homecoming or Prom, I take my friends’ pictures.

After that you can have dinner with your friends to a place where you all agree is appropriate.  Maybe not a place too messy, you don’t want to stain those beautiful dresses.

Another tip is that even though Homecoming is special you shouldn’t buy a very expensive dress, it’s about the experience not how good you look.  If you really want to you can, but it’s fun even if you don’t.

Don’t go into the circle!  That’s one of the most important tips at Homecoming.  You do not want to be a part of what goes on in there.

Other than that, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the time you get to spend with your friends.