Relationships in High School

Bridget Rajarajan, staff reporter

High School is when students learn from their mistakes. Everyone has their ups and downs and students figure out who they are and what they want to do with life along the way.

High School is only a small part of the rest of our lives. One of the things everyone is expected to go through is marriage and having children. That’s why adults date and try to find the perfect person to spend the rest of their lives with. If this is the main goal, then why do high schoolers who need to focus on getting to that future date?

“I’m currently in my first real relationship and it’s like having a best friend and boyfriend all in one.  I can tell him anything and I never feel alone.” Junior Alexis Spurlock said, “I date for the experience and the happiness, we’re in for the long run.”

Most students in high school feel a sense of loneliness and they’re just trying to fill that void. Relationships give people a good feeling inside that they don’t want to let go of.

Relationships don’t only mean romantic relationships, they can also friendships and the people you hangout with.

“Friends are really important in high school, because they help you get through the day,” Spurlock said, “they help make good memories that stick with you forever and they shape your entire high school experience into something great!”

Relationships are very important in high school and they help shape you to become who you are in the future. You learn life skills from your own experience.