Midlands Cornerback

Jenna Lemley, Reporter

This year we received a transfer from South Charleston Carlito Carter for football. Carlito has showed himself up time and time again this year not only with football but academics receiving a 3.5 GPA. He’s one heck of a player on the field and in school. Carlito has a very uplifting positive attitude that he brings around to everyone. He is very outgoing and talks to anyone and everyone while making them feel welcome. His personality is off the charts just like his playing time. He knows how to run that field. He ranks number four in the state with 20 solo tackles, 19 assisted tackles, 39 total tackles,and 3 interceptions. Due to his success from it all he has two offers from Alderson Broaddus University and West Virginia State University. I would say Carlito has a great future ahead of him if you keeps going down the right path. I decided to ask him what his thoughts were on spending his senior year here at Cabell Midland and what it feels like to be one of our star athletes. “I think me transferring was a great thing and I’ve grown to love the people here with all their support, it’s been a great year so far which I am thankful for.” says senior cornerback Carlito Carter. I am personally good friends with Carlito since he came here and I love his energy along with his personality. I think it was a great thing for him to come here and I can’t wait to see what he accomplishes.