Movies in 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Movies in 2019

digitaltrends.com

digitaltrends.com

digitaltrends.com

Hannah Tomes, Co-Editor

The first month of the new year is already halfway over, but there are plenty of things to look forward to over the next few months, like some of the new movies coming out.

While streaming movies on Netflix has become increasingly popular over the years there’s still a certain appeal to visiting the movie theater, especially with the excitement of a highly anticipated movie finally being released. Junior Meredith Mears says she likes going to see movies at the theater for the experience.

“I like going to the theater for the experience, but I also like to watch movies on Netflix so I can pause and take breaks whenever I want to,” said Mears.

Disney has announced the arrival of several new movies this year, including “Dumbo”, “Toy Story 4”, “Frozen 2”, and more. There are also some new installments of “The Avengers” franchise coming out on the big screen soon.

“One movie I think is going to have a big impact on 2019 is ‘Dumbo’, because most people know the story of it. It really depends on the person, but heartfelt movies make more of an impact on me,” said Mears.

Some people believe going to see a movie at the theater might become a thing of the past, but it seems like plenty of people enjoy going out and seeing movies the old-fashioned way.

“The thing I like most about going to the movies is getting to see a movie I’ve been waiting for and getting to spend time with my friends,” said Mears.

Other movies that will be coming out later this year are “Aladdin”, “Star Wars: Episode IX”, “The Lion King”, and “It: Chapter 2”.

“This year I am most excited to see ‘The Secret Life of Pets 2’, ‘Toy Story 4’, ‘Frozen 2’, and ‘Dumbo’. Most of the ones I’m excited about are sequels since I liked the first ones,” said Mears.