Is Money the Root of Problems?

Bridget Rajarajan, staff reporter

Most students nowadays are wearing expensive clothing, getting their nails done, and wearing expensive jewelry. Do these students even realize the kind of money that is spent to buy those things?

Parents nowadays shower their kids in whatever they ask for, no matter how large the thing is. Getting your nails done every week is a waste of money you could put to something else, like a college education. Once you get to college than graduate and get a job, then you can use your own money to get your nails done.

Personally, I don’t like making my Mom buy me expensive things, even if we do have the money for it. I understand when students have their own jobs and buy expensive things on their own. They realize that it’s their money and they can spend it in any way they wish to.

Students need to learn some responsibility when it comes to money. This would help them later in the future to plan things out and use their money more wisely.

Money also is not the number 1 thing to care about. Money is a priority, but not a top priority. Not having enough money can cause a person’s whole life to fall apart. Money is something we as a society have given worth to, it means nothing if we think it means nothing. That’s not stopping anyone anytime soon. The number one thing to note is that we need to take care of our responsibilities and be aware of our careless spendings.