The Popular Kids

Since Elementary school, you see the movies about High school.  How life is changing and how it’s the best years of your life.

But in reality, High School is nothing like the movie, High School Musical no matter how bad you wish it was. High school is the time you really find yourself and figure out who you want to be. You learn how to interact with people and you figure out what high school kids are actually like. Some people go and some people come. You figure out who your real friends are and you go through heartache and relationships.

It’s also okay if you don’t go through a crazy four years. You don’t have to have a relationship just because that is what society tells you to do. You don’t have to buy that expensive piece of clothing that the popular kids wear. Even if you don’t know the meaning of the shirt, but you still want it so you can fit in.

You don’t have to envy the popular girls and their looks as they walk down the halls. You don’t have to look at their social media and be envious of  their seemingly perfect life with everything you want.

Everything that happens in high school is to prepare you for the rest of your life, which will be amazing. If you hate getting up and going to school and you dread it every day, don’t worry, the rest of your life is waiting and it’s going to be so much better. These years are to learn and grow and figure out what you want in life, and who you actually want to be. These are NOT the best years of your life, you have much more to look forward to.