80s Throwback

Morgan Nelson, staff reporter

There are plenty of great decades to choose from but the eighty’s was/is one of the best and probably my personal favorite out of them all. There’s good movies like Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Gremlins, and E.T. The Extra Terrestrial.

If you like movies about teenage misfits than The Breakfast Club is a great choice with a renown actress Molly Ringwald and famous actor Judd Nelson

There’s also music, classic songs like Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, Eye of the Tiger by Journey, Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds and more. Let’s not forget the clothes and hair, the strikingly colorful choices in clothing and crazy, big hair.

The eighty’s are full of nostalgic games, great prices, and amazing movies that started a whole new era. Some games that came out during the eighty’s that are almost everyone’s favorite or brings back a good memory is Pac-Man, Donkey kong, Mario bros, Zelda, Tetris, Sorry! and Galaga. These are great for those who absolutely love all things retro or those who want to relive memorable moments from their time in the eighty’s.

Some famous board games that also came out are Snakes and Ladders, which is a perfect game for families to play together, Connect Four, Pictionary, and Trivia Pursuit. The Rubik’s Cube is another relic from the eighty’s with its colorful and fun scheme that will keep you interested and irritated for a long time. These games, movies, and music (not so much the clothes or hair in my opinion) are highly recommended to play, watch, and/or listen to if you want to relive the eighty’s or see how it was back then like to get a feel for what everything was like.