The rise in reusable bottles

The rise in reusable bottles

Zac Backus, Reporter

If you look closely around high schools and college campuses you’ll notice the rising popularity of reusable bottles. The rise in environmental awareness has made people switch from single use plastic bottles to refillable cups.

Reusable bottle and cup companies have capitalized on this by making bottles in various sizes and colors. They advertise reliability and how well they keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. Some popular brands like Yeti and Hydroflask can be seen all around school. They are good for the environment and promote drinking more water. Here at Cabell Midland you can refill water bottles in the various water-fountains located around the campus.  Most people prefer to go to the refill station across from the library or the one in located in the library. The one across from the library has a little display describing how many reusable bottles it has “saved” since being implemented.

These cups aren’t cheap though, ranging from $29.95 for a 19 ounce bottle on both sites to $59.99 for a 64 ounce HydroFlask.

As the decrease of single-use plastics and increase in environmentally-friendly products increase, we can see more and more people invest in refillable and reusable bottles. They are good for the environment and promote drinking more water.