Phone Policy

Phone Policy

Julianne LaFon , Reporter

At Cabell Midland High School, there is a  phone policy. The policy is that we are not allowed to have our phones out from 7:30 am-2:57 pm. Some teachers do not care about the policy and will let their students get on their phones while in class, other teachers will take it as soon as it goes off; even if you weren’t on it.

I do agree with having a phone policy, but I do not agree with the fact that some teachers don’t care and others care too much. If my teacher allows me to get on my phone in class, the that should be a punishment for the teacher not for the student if another teacher takes the phone. Sometimes when the teacher allows their students on their phones, students I feel like take advantage of the teacher and what he/she will let them do.

I do believe we should have a phone policy, but I believe it shouldn’t be so harsh. I feel like teachers should allow students on their phones. Just in case they need to find out if they have a ride home, or if they need to look something up for an assignment. Students get on their phones all the time during the school day, especially during lunch. I feel that students should be able to get on their phones during lunch and for emergencies (ride home, and for homework purposes).