Most Popular/Used Websites

Jordan Armstrong, Reporter

The internet can be easily accessible for many people and among the web are some sites that people use on a daily basis. Here are some of them:

YouTube – YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion. YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.

Facebook – Facebook Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students Eduardo Savarin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.

Amazon – Amazon Inc. is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one the Big Four technology companies along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.

Reddit – Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website. Registered members submit content to the site such as links, text posts, and images which are then voted for or against by other members.

Google – Google is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products including online advertising technologies, search engines, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Google’s search engine is the most widely used on the internet.

Twitter – Twitter is an American online news and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets.” Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters, but on November 7, 2017, this limit was doubled to 280 characters for all languages.

Wikipedia – Wikipedia is a multilingual online encyclopedia with exclusively free content and no ads based on open collaboration through a model of content editing using web-based applications such as web browsers, called wiki.