Football Predictions

The Herald Dispatch
The football season is near its end, but there are other things to look forward to.

The Herald Dispatch

The Herald Dispatch The football season is near its end, but there are other things to look forward to.

Maddy Price, Reporter

As Summer comes to an end, it means one thing. Friday night lights. High anticipation sets for the comeback of Midland’s football team.

Here’s what some students predict for the upcoming games.

“I think that we will do good this year, but we lost a lot of good players,” said senior, Meredith Mears. “The seniors will really have to step it up this year.” Some people, however, are hesitant about the new season.

“I hope we do well this year but you never know,” said senior, amber Mount. “I heard Huntington was really good and a hard team to beat this year. I know some players from there and they want to keep the shield desperately. Hopefully we can pull a win and have this year be different.” The goal is to qualify for states and everyone seems to be optimistic.

“We will without a doubt make it! The football team has been putting in an extreme amount of work this summer. It will all work out in their favor.” Mears said.

Whichever way you see it, Midland’s football team is striving to be the best they can be. This season will not be an exception to their tradition.