November Athlete of the Issue: Reese Donahue

Damon Linville

Football player Reese Donahue is a kind and hardworking athlete.

Alyssa Russell, Staff Reporter

Imagine a world in which individuality and standing out, academically or physically is wrong.
Thankfully, the world embraces individuality and success. Junior football player Reese Donahue goes above and beyond, setting the bar for athletes this year.
“Reese is a good kid,” said head football coach Luke Salmons. “He puts in a lot of work and is really dedicated. He is always raising the other guys up.”
In fact, Donahue went to TOP GUN, a national training camp, over the summer. He won the most valuable player award there, as well as at the regional camp.
“I was elated,” Donahue said. “I was definitely surprised. It was neat at the regional camp; I figured I had pretty good chances. I felt like I was pretty good, and it was practically the same competition as around here since it was just the tri-state. When I won MVP at the national competition I was shocked. I knew I would do okay, but I had never expected to win MVP. I was with the best of the nation; it was crazy.”
Donahue, who started playing to spend time with friends, has been playing for nine years. He says he has a lot of great memories from the sport.
“I have made so many memories in the last nine years,” Donahue said. “It’s hard to pick just one. However, I would have to say one of my favorites my freshman year was winning the game before getting to go to the state championship. I cannot pick just one for last year, I just love being with my teammates. They are my family, and I love just winning with them on the field. It’s also pretty fun to hit people on the field to be honest.”
Teammates and coaches alike agree that Donahue works hard in the weight room to do well on the field.
“He puts his time in in the weight room,” junior Tanner Mullins said. “How hard he works in the weight room shows on the field. Not only does Reese put in a lot of work, but he supports everyone else in the weight room, and he’s been that way for years.”

Throughout this season, Donahue has had several accomplishments on and off the field that he is proud of and will remember.