A State Still United

Back to Article
Back to Article

A State Still United

Dylan Lovejoy, of Lincoln County High School, passed away on Monday, September 23, 2019 after an automobile accident.

Elizabeth Simmons, Editor

Last week, students across the state wore maroon and gray in support of the friends and family of a Roane County football player, Alex Miller. These same people came together once more in support of a 16-year-old student in Lincoln County, Dylan Lovejoy.

Lovejoy was in an automobile accident on Monday, September 23 and passed away after the unfortunate event. WSAZ interviewed some of Lovejoy’s friends and reported out what they had to say about the tragic loss of their friend:

“He always put a smile on your face,” said junior, Sophia Rakes. “He’d be there to lift you up if you were down.”

She, along with many other students at Lincoln County High School mourn this death of their classmate, another young student taken far too soon.

On Tuesday, September 24, it was suggested students across the state wear blue, Lovejoy’s favorite color, to show support for his friends and family after this incident on the following school day.

Wednesday, September 25, many Midland students took part in this occurrence and wanted to send all of their love and support towards Lovejoy’s family and classmates. We are still a state united, regardless of the differences we may have.