Halloween is one of the most celebrated holidays in America. In America, roughly 6.9 billion dollars is spent on candy, costumes, and decorations. People in America spend 2.6 billion dollars just on candy. These are the top five candies bought on Halloween.
5. Kit Kat- Kit Kat is the fifth most bought candy at Halloween. Coming out in 1935 by Hershey, Kit Kat has always been a successful candy bar. It’s a chocolate candy bar that breaks into sticks. Since 1935, it has made $306.51 million dollars.
4. Hersheys- Hersheys is the oldest candy bar on the list, coming out in 1900. Hershey bars have been one of the most successful candies of all time. They have made $324.63 million dollars since 1900.
3. Snickers- Snickers was made in 1930 by the company Mars. Since the company was established in 1930, it has brought in a whopping $456.91 million.
2. M&M’s- M&M’s were made by the company Mars in 1941. Since 1941 M&M’s have made $500.82 million, making them the second most demanded candy of all time.
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups was made in 1928 by Hersheys. They were an instant hit since 1928 making an overwhelming $509.85 million dollars. Halloween marks a major sales opportunity for
Reese’s. The brand leads in sales of snack-sized packages, which are often given out to trick or treaters.