Finals Tips for Seniors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Finals Tips for Seniors

blogs.chapman.edu

blogs.chapman.edu

blogs.chapman.edu

Hannah Tomes, Editor

It’s the least wonderful time of the year, finals season. On one hand it’s exciting to know that Christmas break is right around the corner, but on the other hand, getting ready for finals can be stressful and overwhelming. If you’re a senior you know the drill by now, but here are a few tips that still might help you out.

1. Don’t worry too much

I know this is easier said than done, but worrying about your finals nonstop will most likely make you do worse on them. Just do the best you can. As long as you get decent grades, failing a final isn’t going to be a big deal. It’s not like it’s going to prevent you from going to college or having a successful future.

2. Study

Some seniors might think since they’re almost done with high school it doesn’t matter if they try on their finals, but you should definitely take them seriously. Start studying in advance so you don’t have to cram it all in the night before.

3. Have good attendance

It might be too late for this semester if you’ve already missed more than three days of school, but if you’re a person who typically doesn’t do great on their finals, try to miss three days or less next semester so your finals won’t count (as long as you pass). This has worked wonders for me and it has helped me a lot. You don’t have to put a lot of pressure on yourself to come to school, though. Most of the time I miss more than three days and things still turn out fine.

These are just a few tips for seniors who are taking their last high school winter finals!