Mere’s Motivation: March Edition

Photo+Credit-https%3A%2F%2Ftheculturetrip.com%2Fnorth-america%2Fusa%2Farticles%2F15-motivational-quotes-to-inspire-you-to-live-your-best-life%2F

Photo Credit-https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/15-motivational-quotes-to-inspire-you-to-live-your-best-life/

Meredith Mears, Reporter

It’s officially the last nine weeks of the 2019-2020 school year. A lot of sports and clubs, as well as the school year, are winding down. During the last nine weeks of the school year, many students begin to give up on their schoolwork. They have thrown in the towel.  Some students begin to procrastinate and have lost all motivation to get their work done. If this applies to you then this month’s Mere’s Motivation is for you!

“Don’t wait for the right opportunity: create it.”― George Bernard Shaw

This quote applies to not only our school lives but our lives outside of school too. We can not just wait for great opportunities to come to us. We must strive or work toward these great opportunities. Therefore in school, we can not just wait around for that perfect grade to show up on our grade cards if we haven’t worked for it. Hard work does truly pay off and nothing comes easy.

Some ways that you can work toward that better grade here at the castle is to take advantage of talking to your teachers to get tips on how to be successful in their classroom. They may have you come into shield to get some extra tutoring sessions. If you have been absent for multiple days throughout the semester, the teacher may give you a few extra days to make up the work. Most teachers are very understanding, but it is hard for them to know what’s wrong without you telling them. If your situation is too hard for you to tell each teacher face to face try implementing Schoology to message them or if you feel comfortable talking to your counselor then talk to them. Counselors can relay that information to all your teachers on your behalf.

If tests, quizzes and the workload are too much or too difficult I recommend finding a study partner or small group. Having more people on board can help you find clarity in the work you once found was hard. If worst comes to worst and you know there is a likely chance you will be failing a certain class I recommend you go to one of the recovery sessions that fits your lifestyle. There are several sessions throughout the school week like after school recovery, Saturday school, virtual school, summer school or going to the counseling office to sign up for recovery in your schedule for the next school year.

At the end of the day, I hope everyone finishes out the school year on the right foot. It’s almost summer break so keep working hard. Remember to keep up on your schoolwork and know that the right opportunity will not just come to you. It is up to you to create it!