A Special Thank You To All My Teachers

These+are+pictures+of+me+from+preschool+all+the+way+to+my+senior+year.+Thank+you+teachers%21+

These are pictures of me from preschool all the way to my senior year. Thank you teachers!

Meredith Mears, Reporter

As the end of my senior year begins to wind down, I begin to think about all the lessons that my teachers have taught me. Now, my teachers have taught me several lessons from long division to how to read, but it always those life lessons that stick with me. The life lessons my teachers taught me all the way back to preschool, have prepared me to be the person I am today. Teachers always deserve more than what they are given in their profession. It is easy to forget that teaching is the profession that teaches all of the other professions. Thank you to all the teachers in my life and thank you for going above and beyond to teachers others. I strongly believe that each school year a teacher has taught me new life lessons that I put into my toolbelt to make me a better person and to live a better life.

I’m sure I am not the only person to have learned life lessons from my teachers. Here is what I learned from preschool to senior year!

Preschool- 

In preschool, I developed a love for learning. The love of learning has never stopped; I can tell you that. I also learned to focus on learning about what I am gravitated towards. I love learning about math and psychology. Funny thing is, I got to come back to the church I went to preschool in. I now watch the nursery children and some of the nursery toys were the ones I used to play with in preschool. It feels so cool come full circle and work with kids of the next generation.

Kindergarten- 

My teachers Mrs. Bunn and Mrs. Frye taught me that it’s okay to be shy, but try and push out of your confront zone every once in a while.  I remember being super shy and always sitting on letter B on the alphabet carpet. Letter B was at the very back, I didn’t like being to close to the class. I look back and laugh now at this, but funny thing is, I still sit in similar seating arrangements to do this day, but not as dramatic. I like my personal space.

First Grade-

My first-grade teacher Mrs. Watkins taught me that it is okay to have fun. At the end of the day, she would put on the T.V. and we would watch “Between the Lions” on PBS. It was something that I would look forward to every day. While other classes would work up until the end of the day, Mrs. Watkins understood that we worked hard and deserved a fun break. On Fridays, she would do fun Friday and play bingo.

Second Grade-

Mrs. Garnes taught me that it is okay to be goofy. When we would grade papers she would always say “cha ching” if she saw that we got the answer right when grading the question. I remember having a lot of fun in her class. If we finished the work early she would let us play fun games like heads-up-seven-up.

Third Grade- 

Mrs. Ripley taught me that learning can be fun. She would also try to make learning engaging and hands-on. She had fun review games and always had treats for when we did something right or got a question right. In the last 26 days of school, we had each day assigned a letter and we had a theme with it. For example, for W it was Watermelon Day. I remember those last 26 days were some of my favorites.

Fourth Grade- 

My fourth-grade teacher taught me that not everyone is going to love me as a student or a person. I know that I can’t please everyone and that at the end of the day as long as you are respectful, who cares what others think.

Fifth Grade- 

Mrs. Wheeler taught me that I have a passion for teaching others. That year she let us do basic classroom chores and I felt very mature in completing those tasks. Mrs. Wheeler also made every student of hers feel valued and intelligent in their own ways.

Sixth Grade-

Mr. Berry and Miss Norton were two of my favorite teachers. They made learning so much fun. They never made me want to miss a day of school. That year I had perfect attendance. They taught me that if you are doing something you love, you will never work a day in your life. Boy is that true!

Seventh Grade-

My seventh-grade teachers taught me not everything is going to come easy to you. You are going to have to struggle sometimes to get through schooling. I also learned that sometimes you have to teach yourself or look for help to have it explained to how you learn. Everyone learns differently.

Eighth Grade- 

I learned that you don’t have to be popular to impact someone’s life. I learned to just be kind to others and they will love you for who you are. I also learned that some things aren’t meant to be. Man was I awful at the violin.

Ninth Grade- 

Freshman year I learned that you get to decide how you want your life to be. In high school, I started taking classes that were geared to what I found interesting. I was also able to classes that were on my level for certain courses like honors and AP.

Tenth Grade- 

In tenth grade, I learned that not everyone is going to be your friend. I learned who my true friends are and I learned that everything happens for a reason. I also got to see how my teachers were willing to help me be the best student I could be.

Eleventh Grade- 

In my junior year of high school, my teachers taught me that I am not as smart as I think I am. I really needed that. I learned that I was just a basic student and to quit thinking that I was a genius because I am not. It is okay to be confident, but not cocky.

Twelfth Grade- 

My senior year taught me that not everything happens the way that it is planned. I learned to go for things because you never know when they might not around anymore. That year, I went to my first school dance. I  also learned that there are educators who care about me and my well being. They only wanted the best for me and I really appreciate that!

Overall, teachers teach lessons every day, the ones that stick to me are the ones that are going to carry me through for the rest of my life. Thank you, teachers, for all you do. This student definitely wants you to know that your work doesn’t go unnoticed.

Thank you!

<3 Meredith