Graduation Cap Decoration Ideas

Meredith Mears, Reporter

Decorating your graduation cap is a fun way of showing your personality. For my graduation cap, I decided to honor my mother who is battling breast cancer. I decide to leave her with an ultimatum.  On my cap, I put “Mama, you keep fighting while I keep learning.”

It can be hard to decide how to decorate your cap. Here are some ideas to ease the decision-making process.

T.V. Shows or Movies 

Popular shows to feature are The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, and Friends to name a few. Having a quote from one of your favorite characters or a popular catchphrase is a fun way to jazz up graduation.

A Religious Verse 

If you find yourself to be a religious person this would be the perfect option for you. One of the most popular Bible verses that are featured on a cap is Philippians 4: 13. It states that I can do all things through Christ. This may be the perfect way to describe your high school career.

Relates To Your Future

Showing what you plan to do in your next chapter life is an exciting approach to graduation. It shows all your friends and family what you plan to do in the future. Some examples of this are if you were going to be a teacher, you could say,”It’s my turn now.”

Memes

Memes are trendy and relatable. If you are a quirky person than this option is for you.  Shrek and Spongebob memes are all the rage. I would recommend doing something that is funny and relatable to your life.

A Quote

Quotes are a formal option. If you are classy and sophisticated than you should take up this option. Just like the religious verse option. Find a quote that represents you or your experience. I personally love the quote “She believed she could, so she did.”

Disney

If you grew up watching Disney or are an avid fan of Disney, you should really try this option out. Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Up, and Leo and Stitch would make some cute caps.

No matter how you decorate your cap, remember that you only get to graduate high school once so make it fun.

On another note, this is my last story for newspaper as my senior year comes to a close. Thank you to all my readers and supporters. I really enjoyed writing for the newspaper. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for me.