School Attendence

School Attendence

Nathan Stephens

This has been a crazy year for most people but probably even crazier for the students and teachers. This year a good amount of the students have been doing virtual school. The virus also gives us all kinds of crazy guidelines that we have to follow. We have to wear masks and have shields at our desks. At Cabell Midland the students are divided into two days based on their last name. This division is important because of the large number of kids that go too midland. Recently there have been people in class that have contracted the Covid-19. The people who are in the class or now because of the new rule had sat within six feet of them will be sent home and quarantined. The football team had gotten the disease and were sent home.

There are plenty of kids now though who are not coming to school. Attendance doesn’t really matter now due to all that is happening. The schools are letting the students not come to school due to the fear of getting the virus. There many people who are just switching to full virtual due to everything that has been taking place. I mean it is an entirely different school environment that we  are used to, but we have adapted pretty quickly and will probably continue to make changes. We probably still have a long way to go but for now a lot of schools will be pretty empty.