Marching Knights Prepare for the 2015-2016 Season

The Herald Dispatch

This year, the theme of the Marching Knights' show is "Flawless".

Peyton Johnson, Staff Reporter

With the school year starting and fall approaching, the Marching Knights are striving once again for success. The winning seasons of the past have raised high expectations for the 2015-2016 season.
“We’ve been working our butts off since last school year.” said band director, Tim James.
The Marching Knights hosted and attended their own band camp here at school once again this summer, and, despite not traveling away to camp, the band still got a massive amount accomplished over a short period of time.
“It was very hot and miserable, with few water breaks,” said senior Trenton Bowling, “But we have to work the hardest to be the best.”
The grueling hours put in by the students and volunteers are all in hopes of continuing the tradition of yet another winning season. They are attending not only the usual competitions around the tristate, but also the Marshall competition once again, and a national level competition in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
“We are honored to be attending the Marshall competition again,” said senior, drum major, Spencer Conley. “I really feel as though our hard work will pay off in this upcoming season.”
Members of the band, for the most part, agree on a common goal: a winning season.
“One of my goals for us as a band is to rank nationally this year,” said senior, drum major, Hunter Blankenship. “Also to be undefeated this competition season.”
However, some members aim much lower.
“I actually got stuck under a bleacher at band camp,” said freshman Allan Taylor. “so I just hope to survive the season.”
This year’s competition show theme is “Flawless”, including the musical numbers “Diamonds are Forever”, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”, and “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend.”
With a high anticipated season, students are encouraged to come out to support the Marching Knights not only at all varsity football games, but at various local competitions across the tristate.