The Medieval Times

The Medieval Times

The Medieval Times

2023 Academy Day for Incoming Freshman

A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE FOR THE CLASS OF 2029

On November 14th, Cabell Midland High School hosted its yearly Academy showcase.

Each year, eighth graders from both Milton Middle School and Barboursville Middle School visit The Castle. Incoming freshman from both schools got the opportunity to explore the programs available here at CMHS.

All programs, like Animal Care, ECCAT (Early Childhood Care), JROTC, Floriculture, Midland Medical, and more set up tables with information. Many tables passed out brochures, flyers, and even some candy.

Members of the Animal Care program set up an area with a wide array of animals, to showcase what type of animal’s members get to be involved with. From bunnies to puppies, all these animals drawled huge attention to the table.

The Early Childhood Care Program set up a colorful display that involved a decorative informational posterboard. This posterboard included a summary of what you learn in the program, divided by classes. Members of the ECCAT program passed out brochures and were good representatives for the program.

The eighth graders seemed to really enjoy this academy fair. Students especially liked the tables with candy, of course. Candy and interactive displays were a big hit.

It was an insightful event for the class of 2029. Students were showed all the different programs they have at their fingertips. Some students may not have thought about these programs that much (and decided they weren’t going to join one), but after seeing them, I think some kids changed their mind. Current program members got these students thinking about what to put on their schedule for next year.