Senior Plans for this Summer

Senior Kyle Messinger is planning to attend some baseball games this summer.

7poundbag.com

Kanyon Nelson, Reporter

The class of 2016 will be challenged with many obstacles before the end of the school year, such as finals, choosing colleges to attend and the final goal of graduation. However, the seniors will be able to end their time with classmates on their senior trip.
“It’s really weird that I won’t be seeing most of my classmates anymore,” said senior Zander Wagner. “I’m really only going to be seeing my best friends in college.”
Before Wagner attends Marshall University this year, he said he will be traveling to many places this summer to kick off the next part of his life.
“I actually planned a vacation with my friends to go to Myrtle Beach a few weeks after we graduate,” said Wagner. “It’s one of the few times we will be together in our lives going forward.”
While some will be traveling far and abroad, seniors like Kyle Messinger will only be taking minor trips this summer.
“I won’t be going on any huge trip this summer.” said Messinger. “I just don’t think I would enjoy going on vacation without my family.”
Messinger, who is an avid sports fan, says he will most likely be spending his time watching sports and attending professional sports games.
“I’m a huge Cincinnati Reds fan, so I may hit a few games this summer,” said Messinger. “It’s only a two hour drive and the city is really nice.”
Whether it is traveling to a beach with many friends or traveling to sporting events with family, most agree that the price is definitely worth it.
“Students will only graduate high school once, so we might as well celebrate the most we can,” said senior Chase Hendricks.
Hendricks also said he will be spending the entirety of his summer on vacation.
“I’m actually going to the beach and I plan on going to some Reds games too,” said Hendricks. “I may even go to a few concerts this summer. I have saved up the money for this, so I will definitely make it worthwhile.”